Smash that FQ stash or reduce your scrap pile. How about using up some jelly rolls? You can do all this with the Window Panes quilt pattern.
Window Panes is a quick and easy PDF quilt pattern with instructions for 5 sizes:
- Baby quilt: 38½” x 50½”
- Throw quilt: 56½” x 66½”
- Twin quilt: 62½” x 86½”
- Queen quilt: 98½” x 98½”
- King quilt: 110½” x 98½”
Window panes will make good use of any fabric cuts you have in your stash. It has instructions for using fat quarters and is compatible with jelly rolls, scraps, F8s and partial FQs. A great pattern to clear out those lingering remnants!
If you’re using jelly rolls you can sew 2 baby quilts from 2 jelly rolls (one for the windows and one for the sashing). These sew up so quickly it feels a little too good to be true.
Some other fun jelly roll quilt options:
- make window blocks for 3 baby quilts from 1 colourful jelly roll
- there’s sashing for 2 baby quilts in 1 jelly roll
- make window blocks for 1 throw and 1 baby quilt from 1 colourful jelly roll
- make 1 complete twin quilt top from 2 jelly rolls (1 for windows, 1 for sashing)
- make 1 complete queen or king quilt top from 4 jelly rolls (2 for windows, 2 for sashing)
The Window Panes quilt pattern also has printable colouring in sheets for each quilt size, so you can plan your quilt, if desired.
This is a digital product. After checkout you’ll receive an instant download link via the email you provide. Not sure how this works? Visit the FAQ page for details.
Window Panes Image Gallery
Click a thumbnail image below to open it at a larger size, and to view all images for Window Panes.