Angie Wilson of Gnome Angel has written a book!
It’s a ripper, as we like to say in Australia (meaning it’s great) so you should get yourself a copy – either via Amazon* (US) or the Book Depository (the rest of the world). You can also find all sorts of good info on the book (including details on the International Swap) at the Fussy Cutters Club website.
Reading the book, I was definitely inspired to try several projects (Angie’s advice makes fussy cutting achievable for anyone). I loved the idea of a rainbow of flying geese as seen in the Flock of Seagulls table runner project, but there was one problem – I don’t use table runners!
The two tables in my house that can accommodate a runner (dining table and coffee table) are always being used for painting, Lego, matchbox cars, board games and colouring-in. A table runner would just be pushed aside for the majority of the day. So what to do?
My solution to this problem was to convert the table runner into a baby quilt. That way I would have a bright and beautiful quilt to give as a gift.
I made the table runner from scraps and had a lot of fun deciding on my colour order.
Once the table runner patchwork was made I used it as a central panel and extended it into a 39″ x 49-1/2″ baby quilt with disappearing nine patch blocks.
If you’d like to do the same, I’ve got a PDF download that explains how I made mine (you’ll still need Angie’s book to make the table runner panel – my instructions just cover making it large enough to be a quilt). Pop your details in below to receive the PDF.
I used a Denyse Schmidt fabric for the backing and quilted with wavy lines, guided by the patchwork.
I used a mix of teal offcuts to make the binding.
I think it makes for a fun, scrappy and colourful quilt!
There are lots of people joining in to welcome Angie’s book into the world. Check out all these other stops on the book tour:
- 7 October 2017 – C&T Publishing
- 8 October 2017 – Lisa @ Sweet Little Pretties
- 10 October 2017 – Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts
- 12 October 2017 – Kerry @ Kid Giddy [GIVEAWAY]
- 14 October 2017 – Cat @hellofromcat
- 16 October 2017 – Molli Sparkles [GIVEAWAY]
- 18 October 2017 – Peta @ She Quilts A Lot
- 20 October 2017 – Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts
- 22 October 2017 – Nicole @ Snips Snippets
- 24 October 2017 – Bernie @ Needle & Foot [GIVEAWAY]
- 26 October 2017 – Kristy @ Quiet Play
- 28 October 2017 – Lucy @ Charm About You
- 30 October 2017 – Sandy @ UpStairsHobbyRoom [GIVEAWAY]
- 1 November 2017 – Raylee @ Sunflower Quilting [GIVEAWAY]
- 3 November 2017 – Bec @ Skyberries
- 4 November 2017 – Angie @ GnomeAngel
I hope you get the chance to try some fussy cutting projects of your own!
Until next time,